BEHIND CLOSED DOORS (ABANDONED MONASTERY) The Chapel of the Grand Seminary of Montreal


Video from Abandoned World Explorer


"Built in 1864 on the plans of John Ostell, the Chapel of the Grand Seminary of Montreal was renovated and enlarged between 1904 and 1907 under the command of Jean-Omer Marchand. The interior decor is Beaux-Arts style. The stalls on each side of the central aisle are oak and the walls are made of Caen stone. The vault of the apse is decorated with a canvas of Joseph Saint-Charles (Canadian painter, 1868-1956). The roof structure of the wooden Basilical style roof is decorated with painted patterns and gold leaf. The central beam is 54 m long. The organ found there, inaugurated in 1990, is a faithful reproduction of a classical French instrument. Its cuneiform bellows are operated either manually or by an electric fan." From the Video

©2020 by Ordinary Life Extraordinary God. Proudly created with Wix.com