Video from Dallas Willard Ministries
Dallas Willard - The Soul Series - Part 3 - Prayer: A Working Relationship with God
"Dallas Willard concludes The Soul Series with this sermon about prayer as a way of doing business with God.
Dallas makes several points about prayer:
• We pray because it is the way persons work together. People work together by talking and communicating. And God is a person.
• We pray because if we don't pray, good things that could happen will not, and bad things that should not happen will happen.
• Find a time and a place to pray.
• Lay down the burden of others’ approval.
• The secret of learning to pray is to pray. Just do it, and keep on doing it.
In this teaching, Dallas includes his own paraphrase of The Lord's Prayer:
“Our Father always near us.
May your name be treasured and loved.
May your rule be completed in us.
May your will be done here on earth just in the way it is done in heaven.
Give us today the things we need for today,
and forgive our sins and impositions on you
as we are forgiving all who in any way offend us.
Please don't put us through trials,
but deliver us from everything bad.
Because you're the one in charge.
And you have all the power,
and the glory, too, is all yours forever,
which is just the way we want it." from video introduction